FULL RECIPE BELOW
Wild Rice was a staple diet for many Native Americans due to its growth along the shallow shores of the Great Lakes that the United States and Canada share today. Learn to cook this simple homemade wild rice recipe.
Check out more from LearnToCook.com at http://learntocook.com/
WILD RICE RECIPE: http://learntocook.com/rice/how-to-cook-wild-rice/
1 Tbsp olive oil
1 Medium onion, chopped
1 Large carrot, chopped
2 Celery stalks, sliced
2 Cloves garlic, minced
4 Cups Chicken stock
2 Cups Wild Rice
2 Tbsp chopped parsley
2 Tbsp Chicken base
1. Heat oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium heat
2. Add onion and garlic, stirring them together.
3. Add carrots and celery together and cook until tender
4. Add in chicken stock, rice mixture, chopped parsley and chicken base
5. Heat until it boils then transfer into a baking dish
6. Cover the top of the baking dish with foil and cook in the oven at 350°F for 30-35 minutes.
STAY CONNECTED WITH US:
Need an app to help you convert your recipes in the kitchen? https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/escoffier-cooks-companion/id572412557?mt=8
For more information about online culinary and pastry school visit: http://www.escoffieronline.com/