FULL RECIPE BELOW
Red velvet cake is a rich chocolate-flavored cake with a unique reddish color, typically with layers of buttercream or cream cheese icing. you can use the batter not only for making a cake but also for cupcakes. There’s a red velvet dessert to go with any occasion.
Check out more from LearnToCook.com at http://learntocook.com/
RED VELVET CAKE RECIPE: http://learntocook.com/cake/how-to-make-red-velvet-cake/
1 ½ cup Sugar
12 Tbsp Butter
1 cup Buttermilk
2 Large Eggs
1 Tbsp White Vinegar
1 ¼ tsp Vanilla
2 ¼ cup All Purpose Flour
1 ½ tsp Baking Soda
1 pinch Salt
2¼ Tbsp Cocoa Powder
2¼ Tbsp Red Food Color
1. Preheat the oven to 350° F. Soften the butter.
2. Grease and flour pans.
3. In a large bowl, sift the flour, baking soda, and salt.
4. In a separate bowl, mix buttermilk, eggs, vanilla, and vinegar.
5. In a mixing bowl, cream the sugar and butter.
6. Sift the cocoa into a small bowl and add the red color.
7. Add the cocoa and color to the butter and sugar mixture.
8. Add alternately the dry ingredients and the buttermilk mixture. Make sure you scrape down the bowl when adding ingredients.
1. For cakes, divide the batter between two pans making them both the same to ensure even baking. Bake for 30-40 minutes until the cake springs back when touched or pulls away from the sides of the pan.
1. Trim the top of the cake to make a flat top.
2. Fill a piping bag with cream cheese icing and pipe over the cake evenly, then spread evenly with a palette knife. A cutting guide can be used to mark out even portions of the cake.
3. Decorate with remaining cream cheese icing and garnish with glazed orange slices, raspberries, or other suitable decorations.
Cream Cheese Icing:
1 pound cream cheese at room temperature
3/4 pound (3 sticks) unsalted butter, room temperature
1 1/2 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
1 1/2 pounds confectioners’ sugar, sifted
Meanwhile, make the frosting. In the bowl of an electric mixer fitted with the paddle attachment, on low speed, cream together the cream cheese, butter, and vanilla extract. Add the confectioners’ sugar and mix until smooth.
STAY CONNECTED WITH US:
Need an app to help you convert your recipes in the kitchen? https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/escoffier-cooks-companion/id572412557?mt=8
For more information about online culinary and pastry school visit: http://www.escoffieronline.com/