FULL RECIPE BELOW
Learn to cook a creamy tomato soup recipe that everyone will enjoy.
Check out more from Learn To Cook at http://learntocook.com/
TOMATO SOUP RECIPE: http://learntocook.com/soup/how-to-make-tomato-soup/
Mirepoix, small dice 1 Lb
Olive Oil 1 oz
Essential Everyday Whole Butter 1 oz
Tomato Juice 10 oz
Essential Everyday Chicken Stock 2 Qt
Crush Tomatoes 2.5 Lbs
Worcestershire Sauce ½ Oz
Heavy Cream, scalded 1.2 Quart
Salt and Pepper As needed
Fresh Thyme, chopped As needed
1. Sweat the mirepoix in the oil and butter without caramelizing. Season with salt and pepper.
2. Deglaze the pan with tomato juice. Add the water and crushed tomatoes. Bring to a boil, reduce to a low simmer and cook for 30 minutes.
3. Adjust seasonings with the Worcestershire sauce, thyme, salt, and pepper. Continue simmering for 20 minutes.
4. Puree the soup with an immersion blender until smooth. Strain the cream thru a china cap and add it to the soup.
5. Simmer for 10 minutes, adjust seasoning and serve.
STAY CONNECTED WITH US:
Need an app to help you convert your recipes in the kitchen? https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/escoffier-cooks-companion/id572412557?mt=8
For more information about online culinary and pastry school visit: http://www.escoffieronline.com/