FULL RECIPE BELOW
To all you Italian food lovers spice things up by making a Barbecue Tofu Pizza. Try it at home!
Check out more from LearnToCook.com at http://learntocook.com/
VEGETARIAN PIZZA RECIPE: http://learntocook.com/pizza/how-to-make-vegetarian-pizza/
Barbecue Tofu Pizza Recipe:
Prep time 30 mins
Cook time 10 mins
Total time 40 mins
1 pound (16 ounces) of your favorite store-bought or homemade pizza crust
1 cup of your favorite barbecue sauce
1 cup crispy salt & pepper tofu pieces -or- 1 cup large-diced cooked chicken (or ½ cup of each, if making two smaller pizzas)
½ small red onion, thinly sliced
8 ounces mozzarella cheese, shredded (about 3 cups) (we use low-moisture whole-milk, but use what you like, even fresh – this recipe is very forgiving)
Handful of fresh cilantro, coarsely chopped
1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees Fahrenheit.
2. Roll/pull/flatten the pizza crust dough to about 14 inches in diameter
3. Brush a cookie sheet with a little olive oil and carefully lay the pizza crust(s) on the cookie sheet.
4. Spread ½ cup of the barbecue sauce onto the dough, leaving about a ½ inch border around the edges.
5. Add tofu or chicken to a small bowl and add remaining barbecue sauce. Carefully toss and evenly place pieces over pizza crust.
6. Lay sliced red onions over the top.
7. Sprinkle with shredded mozzarella cheese.
8. Bake for about 10 minutes, until the crust is golden brown and the cheese is completely melted.
9. Remove from the oven and sprinkle a pinch of kosher salt and the fresh cilantro over the top.
STAY CONNECTED WITH US:
Need an app to help you convert your recipes in the kitchen? https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/escoffier-cooks-companion/id572412557?mt=8
For more information about online culinary and pastry school visit: http://www.escoffieronline.com/