FULL RECIPE BELOW
This creme anglaise ice cream recipe is a total game changer! Learn to cook it along with us in this short cooking demo!
Check out more from LearnToCook.com at http://learntocook.com/
CREME ANGLAISE ICE CREAM RECIPE: http://learntocook.com/dessert/how-to-make-creme-anglaise-ice-cream/
12 egg yolks
10 oz granulated sugar
1 qt half & half
1 vanilla bean
1. Place half and half in a saucepan and bring just to a boil.
2. In a bowl. Whisk the egg yolks and sugar together.
3. Temper the egg mixture with part of the half and half, then pour into the remaining half and half.
4. Cook over medium heat until the mixture coats the back of a spoon, stirring constantly. Do not let the sauce to exceed 185F or the mixture will curdle.
5. As soon as the sauce thickens, remove t from the heat and pour it through a fine mesh strainer into a clean bowl. Chill the sauce in an ice bath, then cover and keep refrigerated.
6. When thoroughly chilled, add to an ice cream maker and churn until it reaches a thick, pudding like consistency.
7. Add to bowl and place in freezer. Let freeze for 3-4 hours or until solid. Serve with fresh berries, whipped cream, caramel sauce or shaved chocolate.
STAY CONNECTED WITH US:
Need an app to help you convert your recipes in the kitchen? http://apple.co/1L3heXl
For more information about online culinary and pastry school visit: http://www.escoffieronline.com