FULL RECIPE BELOW
In this easy cooking recipe, learn how to make our variation of the delightful Filipino fare, lumpia. This great entrée, side dish or appetizer will surely not leave your taste buds wanting.
Check out more from LearnToCook.com at http://learntocook.com/
LUMPIA RECIPE: http://learntocook.com/asian/how-to-make-lumpia/
1 tbsp vegetable oil
1 lb ground pork
1 cup potato (small diced)
1 tbsp minced garlic
2 oz onion (small diced)
2 oz carrot (shredded)
½ cup green onion (thinly sliced)
½ cup green peas
1 tsp black pepper
1 tsp garlic powder
2 tsp soy sauce
1 package Lumpia Wrappers (spring roll wrappers also work)
1 egg (beaten)
1 tbsp AP flour
Fish sauce to taste
Vegetable oil (as needed for frying)
Sweet chili-garlic sauce (for dipping)
1. Heat a large skillet over high heat and pour 1 tablespoon vegetable oil. Add ground pork/beef and cook, stirring frequently. Remove any excess grease from pan and then add potatoes, garlic and onion. Add carrots and green onions. Season with pepper, garlic powder, soy and fish sauce. Remove from heat and gently fold in peas. Set aside until cool enough to handle.
2. Preheat oil to 350 degrees for deep frying. In a small bowl combine egg and flour to make a paste to seal the lumpia wrappers. Set aside until ready to use.
3. Separate lumpia wrappers and keep under damp towel to prevent drying.
4. Lay a wrapper onto a flat surface. Place 2 tablespoons of the filling at lower third of the wrapper (about 3 inches long) Bring bottom of the wrapper over the filling and slightly pull back to tighten. Fold in both sides and crease the wrapper to ensure straight edges of the eggroll. Proceed to roll up toward the top while maintaining a tight and slender log. Moisten the top of the wrapper with egg-flour paste to seal. Repeat with remaining wrappers.
5. Fry the eggrolls until crispy, golden brown for approximately 5-6 minutes. Drain on paper towels and serve immediately with sweet chili-garlic sauce.
STAY CONNECTED WITH US:
Need an app to help you convert your recipes in the kitchen? https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/escoffier-cooks-companion/id572412557?mt=8
For more information about online culinary and pastry school visit: http://www.escoffieronline.com/