FULL RECIPE BELOW
Whether it’s a week night dinner or a party pairing, risotto is one of those recipes you absolutely must learn to cook. So, let us teach you just how to do it and learn just how well that hard work pays off. Your taste buds will thank you.
Check out more from LearnToCook.com at http://learntocook.com/
HOMEMADE RISOTTO RECIPE: http://learntocook.com/rice/how-to-make-risotto/
3 qt chicken stock
3 oz butter
1 pt Arborio rice
1 tbsp garlic
4 oz Parmesan
3 oz whole butter
Salt and pepper to taste
1. Bring seasoned stock to simmer.
2. While stock is heating, sweat onion and garlic in another pan with 3 oz butter.
3. Increase heat and add 6 oz stock. Stir until liquid is absorbed.
4. Keep adding 6 oz stock at a time, waiting in between for rice to absorb the liquid. Continue to stir.
5. Par cook to 80% and cool if using at a later time or cook to al dente.
6. Finish with other 3 oz of butter and Parmesan. Season to taste. Don’t despair, you will have leftover liquid.
7. Service immediately. Rice should be a consistency that spreads out in the serving dish.
STAY CONNECTED WITH US:
Need an app to help you convert your recipes in the kitchen? https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/escoffier-cooks-companion/id572412557?mt=8
For more information about online culinary and pastry school visit: http://www.escoffieronline.com/