FULL RECIPE BELOW
As one of Louisiana’s greatest contributions to the culinary world the Po’ Boy is one seriously tasty sandwich! You can now have all of that goodness with out all of the calories. Follow along and learn to cook with healthy shrimp po’ boy sandwich!
Check out more from Learn To Cook at http://learntocook.com/
HEALTHY SHRIMP PO’ BOY SANDWICH RECIPE: http://learntocook.com/sandwiches/healthy-shrimp-po-boy-sandwich/
1 pound large shrimp— raw, peeled and deveined
1 tbsp olive oil
2 tbsp Cajun seasoning
¼ head purple or green cabbage, finely shredded
1 tomato, thinly sliced
1 loaf French bread or 4 hoagie rolls
Spicy Remoulade Ingredients:
1 tbsp fresh parsley, finely chopped
½ medium shallot, finely chopped
½ cup vegan mayonnaise
2 tbsp Dijon mustard
2 tbsp horseradish
½ tsp paprika
½ tsp cayenne pepper
1 tsp lemon juice
1 tsp Louisiana hot sauce
Salt & pepper to taste
1. Prepare remoulade first. Add all the ingredients in a food processor and pulse until no large pieces are present and consistency is creamy. Cover and chill for at least 30 minutes before serving to let flavors marinade together.
2. While the remoulade is chilling, prepare the shrimp and vegetables. Peel, devein, rinse and pat dry shrimp and place in a medium size bowl. Add the Cajun seasoning and toss well so every piece is coated. Let sit for 5 minutes.
3. Shred cabbage and slice tomato thinly. Cut sandwich loaves in half horizontally. If desired, you can toast bread in oven for added texture.
4. In a large frying pan, heat olive oil over medium high heat. Add shrimp and cook about 5 minutes, tossing frequently. Shrimp is done cooking when pink in coloring and firm to touch.
5. To serve, slather the bread generously with the remoulade sauce. Add shrimp and top with shredded cabbage and tomato slices. Enjoy immediately!
STAY CONNECTED WITH US:
Need an app to help you convert your recipes in the kitchen? http://apple.co/1L3heXl
For more information about online culinary and pastry school visit: http://www.escoffieronline.com
Talent: Lauren Nolan of http://www.lakeshorelady.com/
Shot and edited by: Matt Rice
Royalty Free Music courtesy of Audio Network titled: “Creole Stewed Tomatoes” by Christopher Ashmore