FULL RECIPE BELOW
It’s no secret. Macaroni and cheese is one of the most indulgent and satisfying dishes out there. Follow along with us and you’ll learn to cook a big batch of one of our absolutely favorite recipes: lobster mac & cheese.
Check out more from Learn To Cook at http://learntocook.com/
LOBSTER MACARONI AND CHEESE RECIPE: http://learntocook.com/lobster/how-to-make-lobster-mac-and-cheese/
½ pound elbow macaroni
½ qt milk
½ stick unsalted butter, cut into tablespoon portions
¼ cup AP flour
2 cups grated gruyere
1 cup grated cheddar
¼ tsp black pepper
1/8 tsp cayenne
2 lobster tails, thawed and cooked
¾ cup panko bread crumbs
1. Cook pasta according to package. Drain, cool and set aside.
2. Preheat oven to 375F.
3. Once preheated, add in lobster tails meat side down in greased dish and bake for about 10 minutes.
4. Heat milk on low in a small saucepan. In a large saucepan, melt 2 tablespoons of the butter and gradually add in the flour. Cook over low heat for about 2 minutes, whisking the entire time.
5. Continuing to whisk, add the hot milk gradually. Cook for a minute or two more until the mixture has thickened and smoothed, then remove from heat.
6. Add in the gruyere, cheddar salt, pepper and cayenne. Then add in the lobster meat and macaroni and stir well, making sure the cheese mixture coats everything well.
7. Add the mixture to a large baking dish or into about 8 individual ramekins.
8. Sprinkle breadcrumbs on top of prepared baking dish(es).
9. Cook for about 30 minutes in the oven or until the cheese is bubbling and the tops are browned. Serve hot and enjoy!
STAY CONNECTED WITH US:
Need an app to help you convert your recipes in the kitchen? http://apple.co/1L3heXl
For more information about online culinary and pastry school visit: http://www.escoffieronline.com
Talent: Lauren Nolan of http://www.lakeshorelady.com/
Shot and edited by: Matt Rice
Royalty Free Music courtesy of Audio Network titled: “Scally wag rag” by Chris Norton