MAPLE CREAM PIE RECIPE: http://learntocook.com/dessert/how-to-make-maple-cream-pie/
One part cream and one part maple syrup, this pie is rich and luxurious in the absolute best way!
2 1/2 cups maple syrup
3 cups heavy cream
¼ cup cornstarch
1 tsp vanilla
2 cups all-purpose flour
1 tsp salt
2/3 cup butter, very cold
4-6 tbsp ice cold water
1. Preheat the oven to 350F.
2. To start, prepare the dough. Put the flour into a bowl and add the butter. Using a pastry cutter, mix the butter into the dough until there are no more large pieces of butter and the mixture resembles small peas. Then add the salt and the water and mix until the dough is formed. Wrap in plastic wrap and store in a refrigerator to let rest for about 15 minutes.
3. After 15 minutes, take out and roll out on a floured surface. Set and fit in a pie pan, trimming off any excess. Bake at 350 for 5-10 minutes or until golden brown. Remove and let cool.
4. Next, make the filling. In a medium sauce pan, add the syrup and 2 cups of heavy cream, whisking together. In a small bowl, combine the cornstarch and 1 cup of cream. Cook over medium heat, whisking frequently. Once simmering, start to slowly whisk in the cornstarch mixture to the maple syrup mixture. Bring to a boil and cook for 2 minutes, whisking frequently to not burn the mixture. Cook until the mixture has thickened and coats the back of a spoon.
5. Pour into the pie shell and refrigerate until set, about 3 hours. Garnish with crème fraiche, whipped cream, nutmeg, maple leaf shaped sugar cookies or keep it plain!
Check out more from LearnToCook.com at http://learntocook.com/
STAY CONNECTED WITH US:
Need an app to help you convert your recipes in the kitchen? https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/escoffier-cooks-companion/id572412557?mt=8
Talent: Lauren Nolan of http://www.lakeshorelady.com/
Shot and edited by: Matt Rice
Royalty Free Music courtesy of Audio Network titled: “Valse Parisienne” by Ian Hughes