FULL RECIPE BELOW:
We can’t stop raving about this bread pudding recipe with a bit of a Southern twist. Follow this online cooking class and make it for breakfast or dessert for an easy fan favorite.
Check out more from Learn To Cook at http://learntocook.com/
PECAN PIE BREAD PUDDING RECIPE: http://learntocook.com/pudding/how-to-make-pecan-pie-bread-pudding/
1 loaf day old French bread
2 ½ cups milk
1 cup half & half
4 large eggs, lightly beaten
1 cup granulated sugar
1 tbsp vanilla extract
½ tsp cinnamon
¼ cup packed brown sugar
1 cup pecans, chopped
1. Preheat oven to 350F.
2. Cube bread and lightly toast in the oven for approximately 7 minutes. Allow to cool and then add to large mixing bowl.
3. In another bowl, whisk together the eggs, milk, half & half, sugars, salt, cinnamon and vanilla. Add pecans and mix thoroughly. Pour mixture over toasted bread and let sit for at least 10 minutes so mixture can incorporate in.
4. In a greased 8X8 baking dish, add in the mixture and sprinkle with some more chopped pecans.
5. Place pan on cookie sheet so any boil over is caught. Bake at 350F for 45-55 minutes or until center is still slightly wiggly.
6. Let cool for at least 10 minutes before serving.
STAY CONNECTED WITH US:
Need an app to help you convert your recipes in the kitchen? http://apple.co/1L3heXl
For more information about online culinary and pastry school visit: http://www.escoffieronline.com
Talent: Lauren Nolan of http://www.lakeshorelady.com/
Shot and edited by: Matt Rice
Royalty Free Music courtesy of Audio Network titled: “Free & Easy” by Philip Guyler