FULL RECIPE BELOW
Learn to cook the heavenly and rich dish, potatoes au gratin. You’re not going to believe just how easy it is to make from scratch!
Check out more from Learn To Cook at http://learntocook.com/
POTATOES AU GRATIN RECIPE: http://learntocook.com/potatoes/how-to-make-potatoes-au-gratin/
1 tbsp butter
4 large russet potatoes, peeled
1 cups heavy cream
1 cup milk
2 tbsp flour
1 tsp salt
Freshly ground black pepper
1 cups grated cheddar cheese
Bundle of green onions, white and light green parts only, sliced thin
1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
2. Using a mandolin, slice the potatoes into think circular discs (1/4 inch thin).
3. In a large bowl, combine the cream and milk. Gradually add in the salt, flour and pepper. Whisk together until all the dry ingredients are well incorporated.
4, Grease a large baking dish with the butter. Layer the potatoes in the baking dish. Pour the flour/cream mixture over the top, letting it incorporate into each layer.
5. Cover with foil and bake for 20-30 minutes. Remove foil and return dish to the oven for another 20 minutes or until potatoes are fork tender. Remove the dish just one more time and add the cheese, sprinkling it evenly on the top. Bake for another 3-5 minutes or until cheese is melted and slightly bubbling.
6. Serve hot and garnished with the green onions.
STAY CONNECTED WITH US:
Need an app to help you convert your recipes in the kitchen? http://apple.co/1L3heXl
For more information about online culinary and pastry school visit: http://www.escoffieronline.com
Talent: Lauren Nolan of http://www.lakeshorelady.com/
Shot and edited by: Matt Rice
Royalty Free Music courtesy of Audio Network titled: “Suburban Ballet” by Lincoln Grounds