FULL RECIPE BELOW
This pumpkin spice granola gives us those lovely fall flavors in the form of a healthy, vitamin packed treat. Learn to cook this pumpkin spice granola with our host in this episode! Everything about this dish is a winner.
Check out more from LearnToCook.com at http://learntocook.com/
PUMPKIN SPICE GRANOLA RECIPE: http://learntocook.com/snacks/how-to-make-pumpkin-spice-granola/
4 cups old-fashioned rolled oats
½ cup chopped raw pecans
½ cup flax seeds
4 tsp ground cinnamon
3 tsp pumpkin pie spice
½ cup pumpkin puree
½ cup maple syrup
1 tsp salt
½ cup flour
¼ cup vegetable or coconut oil
½ cup light brown sugar, packed
2 tsp vanilla extract
1. Preheat oven to 325F degrees.
2. In a medium sauce pan, add in the pumpkin, brown sugar, maple syrup, pumpkin pie spice, cinnamon and oil. Heat over medium-low heat until the sugar has dissolved, stirring frequently. Remove from heat, add the vanilla extract and let cool.
3. Line two baking sheets with parchment paper. In a large bowl add the oats, flour, pecans and flax seeds and toss together. Add the pumpkin mixture and mix until every bit of granola has been coated.
4. Spread a thin layer on the baking sheet and put in the oven. You may have to do two batches. Bake for about 40 minutes, stirring every 15-20 minutes to prevent burning.
5. When done, remove from oven and let cool. Sprinkle over yogurt, pour some almond milk over it or just eat this delicious fall snack by the handful!
Recipe courtesy of http://www.lakeshorelady.com/
Want to attend culinary or pastry school online? Check out our partners Escoffier Online International Culinary Academy: http://www.escoffieronline.com/
STAY CONNECTED WITH US:
Need an app to help you convert your recipes in the kitchen? https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/escoffier-cooks-companion/id572412557?mt=8
Talent: Lauren Nolan of http://www.lakeshorelady.com/
Shot and edited by: Matt Rice
Royalty Free Music courtesy of Audio Network titled: “Little George” by Philip Guyler