Make your chicken banh mi sandwich more tender and flavorful than ever! See how we do it with our trusty Nomiku WiFi Sous-Vide.
SOUS-VIDE CHICKEN BANH MI RECIPE: http://learntocook.com/sandwiches/healthy-sous-vide-chicken-bahn-mi/
2 large boneless, skinless chicken breasts
1 cup soy sauce
2 tbsp rice wine vinegar
¼ cup ginger, peeled & roughly chopped
2 bulbs garlic, chopped
2 tbsp sugar
2 tbsp Asian fish sauce
Pickled Veggies Ingredients
½ cup water
¼ cup rice vinegar
¼ cup sugar
1 tsp salt
3 medium carrots, peeled and thinly sliced
1 bunch radishes, washed and thinly sliced
1 cucumber, thinly sliced w mandolin
Scallions, sliced thinly
Chili oil or sriracha
1. Prepare your water bath and set at 146F using your Wifi Nomiku.
2. In a large resealable bag, add in all the marinade ingredients and the chicken, moving everything around so the chicken gets coated. Add bag to water bath and cook for two hours
3. While chicken is cooking, prepare pickled veggies. Bring water, rice vinegar and sugar to a boil and cook until sugar is dissolved. Remove from heat and add carrots, radish and salt. Refrigerate for at least 1 hour.
4. When chicken is done, remove from the bag and rinse. Let sit for 10 minutes then slice chicken diagonally into strips.
5. Cut baguette into sandwich size pieces and then cut in half again lengthwise. Slather each piece with desired amount of mayonnaise (we like to be generous). Line bottom with sliced cucumbers. Then add chicken, cilantro, scallions and some chili oil or Sriracha. Top with slaw and a little more chili oil, then enjoy!
Check out more from LearnToCook.com at http://learntocook.com/
Learn more about Nomiku at
Talent: Lauren Nolan of lakeshorelady.com
Shot and edited by: Matt Rice
STAY CONNECTED WITH US:
Need an app to help you convert your recipes in the kitchen? https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/escoffier-cooks-companion/id572412557?mt=8
For more information about online culinary and pastry school visit: http://www.escoffieronline.com/