FULL RECIPE BELOW
What better snack is there than homemade ice cream cookie sandwiches? Learn to cook as we show you step-by-step instructions from making the filling to your ice cream sandwiches, to the cookie holding this delicious dessert together.
Check out more from LearnToCook.com at http://learntocook.com/
ICE CREAM SANDWICH RECIPE: http://learntocook.com/dessert/how-to-make-ice-cream-sandwiches/
Make the vanilla ice cream and freeze until well set.**
For the cookies:
1 cup granulated sugar
1 cup brown sugar
1 cup butter
¼ teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon baking soda
¾ cup cocoa
2 cups all-purpose flour
1 tablespoon milk
1 teaspoon vanilla
1. Cream the butter and sugars, scrape down the bowl.
2. Mix together the eggs, milk and vanilla and add to the butter and sugar mixture.
3. Sift together the dry ingredients and add.
4. Scoop the cookies onto a lined pan and bake at 350 degrees until set for about 10-11 minutes.
5. Fill the cookies with the vanilla ice cream and roll in sprinkles and serve.
Vanilla Ice Cream:
1 cup sugar
1 ½ teaspoon vanilla
6 egg yolks
3 cups cream
2 cups milk
1. Wisk the egg yolks, sugar and vanilla until well incorporated.
2. Warm the cream and milk. Pour the cream and milk into the bowl with the egg yolk mixture and whisk together.
3. Return to the pot and bring and simmer. Cool the mixture. Place in and ice cream maker and churn for about 20 minutes.
4. Place in a container, cover and freeze.
STAY CONNECTED WITH US:
Need an app to help you convert your recipes in the kitchen? https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/escoffier-cooks-companion/id572412557?mt=8
For more information about online culinary and pastry school visit: http://www.escoffieronline.com/