FULL RECIPE BELOW
For you non meat lovers, a Portobello Sandwich is a great alternative. Your friends and family will be begging you for more.
Check out more from LearnToCook.com at http://learntocook.com/
PORTOBELLO MUSHROOM BURGER RECIPE: http://learntocook.com/mushrooms/how-to-make-portobello-mushroom-burgers/
Yield: 4 servings (serving size: 1 sandwich)
Prep Time: 34 Minutes
1/4 cup balsamic vinegar
1 tablespoon olive oil
1 garlic clove, minced
1 red bell pepper, whole
1 yellow bell pepper, whole
4 (4-inch) portobello mushroom caps (Cleaned)
1/3 cup chopped fresh basil
1/4 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
4 (2-ounce) Wheat rolls
1/2 cup (4 ounces) soft goat cheese
1. Prepare grill to medium-high heat.
2. Take whole peppers and fire roast them over grill or gas flame. Put in bowl, cover let steam. Take of skin with paper towel, deseed. Avoid using water to contain all the flavor and natural juices.
3. Combine balsamic vinegar, olive oil, and garlic in a large bowl. Add cleaned Portobello mushroom caps; toss gently to coat. Remove from vinegar mixture, and discard vinegar mixture.
4. Place mushroom caps on a grill rack coated with cooking spray; grill 4 minutes on each side. Remove from grill; cool slightly.
5. Cut bell peppers into thin strips. Combine bell peppers, basil, salt, and black pepper in a small bowl.
6. Cut rolls in half horizontally; spread cheese evenly over cut sides of rolls. Arrange 1 mushroom cap on bottom half of each roll; top each serving with about 1/3 cup bell pepper mixture and top half of roll.
7. Place sandwiches on grill rack coated with cooking spray. Place a cast-iron or other heavy skillet on top of sandwiches; press gently to flatten. Grill 3 minutes on each side or until bread is toasted (leave cast-iron skillet on sandwiches while they cook).
STAY CONNECTED WITH US:
Need an app to help you convert your recipes in the kitchen? https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/escoffier-cooks-companion/id572412557?mt=8
For more information about online culinary and pastry school visit: http://www.escoffieronline.com/