FULL RECIPE BELOW
This week learn to cook a popular Italian holiday dish, Stuffed Artichokes.
Check out more from LearnToCook.com at http://learntocook.com/
STUFFED ARTICHOKES RECIPE: http://learntocook.com/artichoke/how-to-make-stuffed-artichokes/
4 medium fresh artichokes
2 -3 cups Italian style breadcrumbs
2 -3 tablespoons of grated parmesan cheese
1 Tbsp parsley
1 tsp garlic salt
1/2 tsp ground black pepper
1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
1 -2 Tbsp extra for (drizzling)
1. Rinse artichokes well, tugging leaves outward to loosen slightly for stuffing.
2. Trim off stems so artichokes sit on a flat surface.
3. Trim off the pointed tips of each leaf.
4. In a large bowl combine bread crumbs, cheese, parsley, garlic salt, and pepper.
5. Mix well; slowly add the oil till the crumb mixture is moistened enough to stick together. You may need to adjust the amount of oil depending on the type and amount of bread crumbs used.
6. Stuff each leaf of the artichoke, starting from the bottom and working your way around, with crumb mixture.
7. Place artichokes in a large baking pan and fill bottom of pan with 1/2 to 1 inch of water.
8. Drizzle olive oil over top of stuffed artichokes and cover tightly with heavy duty foil.
9. Cook on 360 degrees for approximately 60-80 minutes (depending on size of artichoke) or until leave comes out easily
STAY CONNECTED WITH US:
Need an app to help you convert your recipes in the kitchen? https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/escoffier-cooks-companion/id572412557?mt=8
For more information about online culinary and pastry school visit: http://www.escoffieronline.com/