FULL RECIPE BELOW
With such a cold winter this year, many are already dreaming about the warm weather and everything that comes with it. It is never too early to start gathering your favorite summer recipes. In this video lesson, we will walk us through making watermelon lemonade.
Check out more from Learn To Cook at http://learntocook.com/
WATERMELON LEMONADE RECIPE: http://learntocook.com/drinks/how-to-make-watermelon-lemonade/
Prep time: 20 mins
Cook time: 10 mins
Total time: 1 hour 30 mins
Yield: 8-10 cups
3/4 cup sugar
3 cups water – separated
1-2 rosemary sprigs
1 cup fresh squeezed lemon juice
7 cups watermelon- cut in 1-2″ cubes
1. Place 3/4 cup of sugar and 1 cup of water in a small saucepan, add 1-2 springs of fresh rosemary. Cook over medium heat stirring until the sugar dissolves. Once dissolved remove from heat, cover saucepan and let sit for at least an hour to infuse.
2. In a blender combine 1 cup of fresh squeezed lemon juice with cubed watermelon. Add the watermelon in batches, blending in between each addition until the blender is almost full of the watermelon lemon mixture.
3. Add in the rosemary simple syrup 1/3 cup at a time until the mixture is at your desired sweetness. I used about a cup.
4. At this point you can freeze the mixture in Popsicle molds for super flavorful ice pops.
5. If you’d rather drink the lemonade. Take 4-5 clean pint sized mason jars. Add 1/2 cup of cold water and fill with the watermelon mixture. Cover and shake to combine. Garnish with half a rosemary spring and a slice of lemon. For a boozy cocktail add in a shot of vodka or gin.
STAY CONNECTED WITH US:
Need an app to help you convert your recipes in the kitchen? https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/escoffier-cooks-companion/id572412557?mt=8
For more information about online culinary and pastry school visit: http://www.escoffieronline.com/