FULL RECIPE BELOW
Best thing about Tilapia is that it’s an economical fish, it’s very lean, and it has very little fishy taste which helps to season. In this fish lesson, we walk you through one of the easiest fish recipes you’ll ever see!
Check out more from Learn To Cook at http://learntocook.com/
PAN FRY TILAPIA RECIPE: http://learntocook.com/fish/how-to-pan-fry-tilapia/
1 pound tilapia fillets
1 cup of oil (sesame seed)
1/3 cup all-purpose flour
1/2 tsp salt
1/4 tsp pepper
1 large egg
¼ cup milk
1 1/4 cups Coconut shavings/shreds
1. Preheat sauté pan with oil to approximately 325 degrees or until oil starts showing waves but does not smoke. Line plate with paper towel to be able to soak up any excess oil from finished product.
2. Mix flour, salt, pepper in a shallow bowl. Whisk the egg and milk in another shallow bowl. Spread the coconut in a third shallow bowl.
3. Dip tilapia in the flour. Take the now floured piece and put in the egg, then press into coconut shavings enough to adhere. Lay on baking sheet. Repeat with the remainder of the tilapia.
4. Preferably chill the breading in cooler to adhere better to fish during pan-frying.
5. Pan-fry until fish internal temperature is at least 145F. Place on paper towel to remove excess oil.
STAY CONNECTED WITH US:
Need an app to help you convert your recipes in the kitchen? https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/escoffier-cooks-companion/id572412557?mt=8
For more information about online culinary and pastry school visit: http://www.escoffieronline.com/