FULL RECIPE BELOW
This 4th of July sugar cookie fruit tart is easy, breezy and beautiful, the picture-perfect pastry recipe for a summer shindig that leaves more time for fun in the sun.
Be sure to watch till the end for some information on a really amazing charity campaign with our partner, Tastemade, and The Fight Hunger Club. For every t-shirt you buy, a child in an underdeveloped country gets clean, filtered water for one whole year. Now that’s something we can really get behind! http://www.fighthungerclub.com/
Check out more from Learn To Cook at http://learntocook.com/
SUGAR COOKIE TART RECIPE: http://learntocook.com/tart/how-to-make-4th-of-july-sugar-cookie-tart/
Sugar Cookie Crust:
2/3 cup sugar
1 cup unsalted butter, room temperature
2 ½ cups all-purpose flour
1 tbsp lemon zest
¼ cup milk
2 tsp vanilla extract
Granulated sugar for cookie garnish
1 14 oz can sweetened condensed milk
½ cup sour cream
½ tsp lemon zest
1/3 cup lemon juice
Fresh berries for garnish
1. Preheat oven to 375F. Generously grease a 10 inch circular tart pan.
2. For the cookie dough—combine sugar and butter in the bowl of a standing mixer and cram together until fluffy on medium speed. Scrape down the side as needed. Add flour, lemon zest, milk and vanilla and continue to beat at low speed until well combined. Set aside half the dough to be used for the sugar cookie garnish.
3. With floured hands, press one half of the cookie dough into the greased pan, keeping a ¼ inch consistency all the way through. Pinch tops uniformly for a “tart” look.
4. Once tart crust is ready, roll out the remaining dough on a lightly floured surface and, using a small star cutter, cut out a number of cookies to be used for garnish and place on a lightly greased cookie sheet. You can cut out more to be served on the side as well!
5. Place tart pan and cookie sheet in the oven and bake for approximately 15 minutes or until both are a golden brown color. Cookies should take approximately 5 minutes so be sure to keep an eye while baking. When ready, remove from oven and set aside to cool.
6. While cookie crust and cookies are cooling, make the filling. Combine condensed milk, sour cream, lemon peel and lemon juice in a mixing bowl and stir until the mixture has thickened, approximately 5 minutes. Cover and chill in a refrigerator for at least 30 minutes before assembling tart.
7. Once crust has cooled and filling has chilled, it’s time to assemble the tart. Gently remove the crust from the tart pan and place on a flat, sturdy surface. Using care, spoon the filling into the crust, smoothing as you go. Once crust is full, smooth out top and garnish with the berries and star cookies. Let chill for at least 60 additional minutes. Serve!
STAY CONNECTED WITH US:
STAY CONNECTED WITH US:
Need an app to help you convert your recipes in the kitchen? http://apple.co/1L3heXl
For more information about online culinary and pastry school visit: http://www.escoffieronline.com
Talent: Lauren Nolan of http://www.lakeshorelady.com/
Shot and edited by: Matt Rice
Royalty Free Music courtesy of Audio Network titled: “Whale Of A Time” by Terry Devine-King / Adam Drake