BUTTERNUT SQUASH GRATIN RECIPE: http://learntocook.com/sides/butternut-squash-gratin-recipe/
If you’re looking for the ultimate autumn comfort food, look no further than this butternut squash gratin!
Check out more from LearnToCook.com at http://learntocook.com/
2 small butternut squash, peeled and cut into 1 inch cubes
3 tbsp butter
1 medium onion, small diced
1 1/2 tbsp fresh thyme, chopped
¼ tsp ground nutmeg
1 cup chicken broth
2/3 cup cream
½ cup grated gruyere
¼ cup grated white cheddar
¼ cup breadcrumbs
1 tbsp fresh parsley, chopped
Salt and pepper to taste
1. Preheat the oven to 400F.
2. Place squash on a baking sheet and bake until fork tender, about 10 minutes.
3. In a large sauce pan, heat 2 tablespoons of butter. Add in the onions and sweat until translucent. Add in thyme and cook an additional minute until fragrant. Add in the squash, nutmeg, a pinch of salt and pepper and cook for about 2 minutes, stirring frequently. Add in the broth and cook until it’s mostly absorbed. Then add the cream and cook until thickened, about 3 minutes. Remove from heat.
4. In a small saucepan heat the last tablespoon of butter, then add the parsley and breadcrumbs and toss until everything is mixed together. Set aside.
5. Transfer the squash mixture to a baking dish, top with the bread crumbs and then both of the cheeses. Bake for about 30 minutes or until browned. Let rest for a couple minutes before serving.
Want to attend culinary or pastry school online? Check out our partners Escoffier Online International Culinary Academy: http://www.escoffieronline.com/
STAY CONNECTED WITH US:
Need an app to help you convert your recipes in the kitchen? https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/escoffier-cooks-companion/id572412557?mt=8
Talent: Lauren Nolan of http://www.lakeshorelady.com/
Shot and edited by: Matt Rice
Royalty Free Music courtesy of Audio Network titled: “Butternut Squash” byTerry Devine-King / Steve Levine