FULL RECIPE BELOW
And now for our big reveal, this week we present you with how to make the best pie crust. No more waiting, wondering or experimenting for you. The one has finally arrived: http://learntocook.com/dessert/how-to-make-pie-crust/
Check out more from LearnToCook.com at http://learntocook.com/
BASIC PIE DOUGH RECIPE: http://learntocook.com/dessert/how-to-make-pie-crust/
1 lb unsalted butter, chilled
1 lb 6 oz pastry flour
4 fl oz buttermilk or water
2 tsp salt
1 tbsp granulated sugar (optional)
1 tbsp vanilla extract (optional)
1. Cut the butter into 3/8 inch squares.
2. Sift the flour.
3. Mix the butter into the flour until a mealy texture is reached.
4. Combine the butter, milk and salt. (Water can be used in placed of buttermilk. A tablespoon of sugar and a teaspoon of vanilla
extract can be added to create a sweeter, more flavorful pie crust.
5. Gradually add the buttermilk to the flour mixture, mixing until the dough holds together. Do not overmix.
6. Cover with plastic wrap and chill.
7. Roll out on a floured surface. Place in a pan and cut off excess. Crimp the edges for a more dramatic effect.
8. Dock with a fork. Line with parchment and fill with beans for weight when you’re cooking.
9. Bake at 350F for 20-25 minutes or until golden brown.
10. Fill with your favorite filling and serve!
STAY CONNECTED WITH US:
Need an app to help you convert your recipes in the kitchen? http://apple.co/1L3heXl
For more information about online culinary and pastry school visit: http://www.escoffieronline.com