Let these Southwest turkey burgers completely change your mind on how a turkey burger is supposed to taste! With tons of flavor and texture, these guys are a must to have in your recipe arsenal. Serve them on a big bun with some guacamole and arugula or on a bed of mixed greens for a light and lean meal you don’t have to feel guilty about indulging in!
FULL RECIPE BELOW
Check out more from Learn To Cook at http://learntocook.com/
SOUTHWEST TURKEY BURGERS RECIPE: http://learntocook.com/drinks/how-to-make-southwest-turkey-burgers/
1 pound ground turkey breast
1 shallot, rough chopped
2 large garlic cloves, rough chopped
1 jalapeno pepper, seeds removed and rough chopped
½ small red pepper, rough chopped
½ cup cilantro leaves, stems removed
1 tsp cumin
1 tsp chili powder
1 tsp salt
1 tsp ground black pepper
Olive oil for pan
1. Using a food processor, combine shallot, garlic, peppers and cilantro and mix on pulse until it resembles having been minced. Be careful not to over mix as it will turn to mush!
2. In a large mixing bowl, combine the ground turkey with the vegetables as well as the salt, pepper, cumin and chili powder. Mix well with your hands.
3. Separate turkey mixture into four evenly sized balls and form into patties. Drizzle with a little bit of olive oil to prevent sticking if you’re grilling. Add olive oil to pan if you’re using the stove top.
4. Cook on medium high heat in a skillet, non-stick pan or grill on high for about 6 minutes per side.
5. Serve hot with your favorite condiments or on a bed of lettuce for a healthy and delicious dinner for four.
STAY CONNECTED WITH US:
Need an app to help you convert your recipes in the kitchen? http://apple.co/1L3heXl
For more information about online culinary and pastry school visit: http://www.escoffieronline.com
Talent: Lauren Nolan of http://www.lakeshorelady.com/
Shot and edited by: Matt Rice
Royalty Free Music courtesy of Audio Network titled: “Banjolin” by Jeremy Sherman