FULL RECIPE BELOW
We’re holding onto every last second of summer we can with these watermelon cupcakes. You can too! Watch along with our host as she shows you how to make these delightful watermelon cupcakes.
Check out more from Learn To Cook at http://learntocook.com/
WATERMELON CUPCAKE RECIPE:
1 box classic white cake mix + box ingredients
2/3 cup mini chocolate chips
Red, yellow and green food coloring
½ cup unsalted butter, softened
4 cups confectioner’s sugar
1 ½ tsp vanilla extract
3 to 6 tbsp whipping cream
1. Preheat oven according to cake mix instructions. Line a muffin tin with paper liners.
2. Prepare the cake batter according to the box instructions. Add in as much red food coloring as is necessary to get the rich watermelon color, about 15, while also adding in 5-7 drops of yellow. Gently fold in chocolate chips until evenly distributed.
3. Fill liners until about 2/3 full with batter. Bake according to cake mix directions.
4. Remove and set on a wire rack to let cool.
5. While cooling, make the frosting. In a standing cake mixer or by using a hand mixer, whip the butter and vanilla extract until light and fluffy. Gradually adding in the powdered sugar, continue to whip the mixture. Add milk one tablespoon at a time until desired consistency is reached. Add a generous amount of green dye, about 10 drops, with 4-5 drops of yellow to achieve the bright green color.
6. Transfer to a piping bag with a round tip and frost cupcakes when they’ve completely cooled.
STAY CONNECTED WITH US:
Need an app to help you convert your recipes in the kitchen? http://apple.co/1L3heXl
For more information about online culinary and pastry school visit: http://www.escoffieronline.com
Talent: Lauren Nolan of http://www.lakeshorelady.com/
Shot and edited by: Matt Rice
Royalty Free Music courtesy of Audio Network titled: “Sunshine Days” by Adam Drake